The mission of Flagship Healthcare Properties is to provide extraordinary stewardship and outcomes for all we gratefully serve in healthcare real estate.
At Flagship, we promote a positive and supportive environment for our employees through empathy and respect, encourage open and timely communication, foster creativity and innovation, and value diversity and inclusivity. Our core values are demonstrated through Flagship’s leadership practices, decision making and gratitude.
Flagship is a place where employees feel comfortable sharing their ideas, feedback, and concerns, and are confident that their contributions will be valued and acted upon.
Flagship is a place where collaboration and teamwork are valued – if there is a problem, we solve it together and if there is a success, we celebrate it together.
Flagship is a place where employees from all backgrounds and perspectives are welcomed, which we know can only make us stronger together.
Flagship is a place where we can all thrive with positivity and a sense of purpose.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Lease Analyst is responsible for ensuring the terms and conditions of all property leases are understood, documented and appropriately enforced. The Lease Analyst will support FHP’s property managers and will report to the Lease Analyst Supervisor. This position is also responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship between the staff in all departments to assure satisfaction with FHP’s services.
- Maintain master lease files and filing of all documentation.
- Abstract leases into Yardi Voyager.
- Assist with lease compliance and Lease terms.
- Track critical lease dates following through to ensure all items have been addressed
- Act as liaison between internal business units including accounting, leasing, asset and property management.
- Monitor and communicate status of rent collections and delinquencies.
- Perform manual rent escalation calculations for complex leases ( including CPI adjustments).
- Monitor, calculate and prepare rent increase letters for Property Managers’ signature.
- Run monthly late fee report and send to Property Managers for review.
- Post monthly late fees to tenant accounts.
- Prepare and send monthly invoices/statements for every tenant.
- Document tenant correspondence (emails, letters, calls, MRI, etc.).
- Calculate annual CAM Budgets to estimate CAM income for each property, and send out estimate letters once approved by PM.
- Calculate annual CAM Reconciliations and send to Property Managers to review and distribute.
- Manual CAM Reconciliations being processed in Microsoft Excel (may be applicable).
- Verify and document required tenant insurance coverage.
- Process and review Rent and thorough review of monthly rent roll
- Security deposit administration including monthly security deposit review
- Assist with legal documents as necessary – Amendments, Estoppels, SNDA’s, etc.
- Work with MRI and Yardi on any accounting issues
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Or 3 to 5 Years CRE Lease Admin Experience )
- Attention to detail and possess self-motivation.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- The ability to think and work both independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving abilities, organizational and analytical skills.
- A thorough understanding of legal documents, leases, management and partnership agreements, mortgage documents, contracts, SNDA agreements and estoppels.
- Proficiency in property management software in Yardi Voyager, preferred.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Flagship Healthcare Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Flagship Healthcare Properties is a rapidly growing commercial real estate investment firm located in Charlotte, NC that specializes in the acquisition, development, management and leasing of medical office properties, primarily in the Southeast. The Assistant Property Manager is a management/administrative position requiring customer service skills and a knowledge of property management responsibilities. The person in this position will have a strong skill set to assist and support managers in daily administrative tasks and projects as assigned.
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Developing effective working relationships with team members, tenants, vendors, and investors to provide first class service and management of FHP’s properties
- Preparing tenant welcome letters, assisting with setting up new vendors and tenants in technology systems
- Ensuring contact information for both vendors and clients is up to date at all times
- Coordinating tenant appreciation events and practice manager meetings in conjunction with PM
- Conducting regular property visits and documenting tenant interactions in appropriate software
- Coordinating tenant move ins/outs and supporting PM with leasing and retention efforts
- Submitting LSA and service contract requests to Property Administrator on behalf of PM
- Supporting PM by monitoring new leases and lease changes in software programs
- Reviewing, understanding, and enforcing lease contracts as well as reviewing, accurately coding, and approving invoices
- Assisting with acquisition of bids for service contracts and other projects
- Demonstrating professionalism and providing support when working with FHP’s Chief Engineer, Tenant Services Coordinator, Maintenance Technicians, and Senior Vice President/Property Director
- Ensuring tenant satisfaction through monthly tenant interactions, open and frequent communication, and completion of annual surveys
- Acting as point of contact during team members’ vacations/time out of office
- Embodying FHP’s Core Values while acting as an extension of Senior Management
- Entering work orders in Prism and monitoring completion timelines
- Assisting in retention and leasing efforts, responding to after-hours emergencies as needed
- Supporting PM with preparation and submission of monthly financial reports including collection efforts, rent increases, hold-over notices, and other correspondences as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven record of providing exceptional internal and external customer
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and reflect a sense of urgency by meeting or exceeding
- The ability to think and work both independently and in a team
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Attention to detail and self-motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving abilities and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Full time position with full benefits package
Flagship Healthcare Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job description is not considered an employment agreement or contract. Management has the right to alter this job description at any time without notice.