If you are interested in joining the Flagship Healthcare Properties team, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Maintenance Engineer ensures that a facility remains in operating form. They are skilled in a variety of areas including plumbing, HVAC, and electrical systems. Duties include inspecting buildings, maintaining inventory, and scheduling repairs. Daily tasks will vary day-to-day based on work request and priority, but can frequently include repairs, aesthetic work, tending to the facility’s machinery, preventative maintenance schedules and cleaning of facilities grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs Building Inspections on properties within designated portfolio.
- Supports preparation of monthly/quarterly operations and mechanical reports. Prepares technical evaluations/deficiencies reports on existing mechanical equipment as well as life safety systems and components.
- Plans schedule of workload in accordance with established priorities.
- Ability to self-manage and operate independently.
- Responds effectively to all emergencies during normal and after-hours.
- Ability to maintain and operate HVAC equipment, Life Safety equipment and all other associated building equipment.
- Maintains inventory/upkeep of all building equipment, tools, and material.
- Attends periodic training seminars.
- Assists in Preventive Maintenance Programs for all building equipment.
- Assists with project management and oversight.
- Maintains liaison with Lead/Chief Maintenance Engineer regarding work orders, job completion dates, priorities and estimates.
- Furnishes the Lead/Chief Maintenance Engineer with information relative to criticality of buildings.
- Makes recommendations for systems improvement through immediate supervisor or management.
- Makes recommendations concerning Capital Budgets/Projects.
- Performs additional job duties as requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Required – High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Preferred – Some College or Technical School.
- Preferred – Minimum of four (4) years training and experience in life safety, electrical, HVAC and refrigeration system operation, design application and maintenance.
- Preferred – Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and professionally with tenants, vendors, management, and visitors.
- Ability to communicate via email with proper punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
- Basic working knowledge of building control and automation systems (BAS).
- Knowledge of CMMS System. (Building Engines – preferred).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Working knowledge of Smart Phone.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Required – Clean/Valid driver’s license.
- Preferred – CFC/EPA 608 Certification.
- Preferred – Universal Level EPA CFC Recovery Certification.
- Preferred – OSHA 10 Training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs., climb a ladder, bend, twist, crawl, and jump.
- Able to work in tight spaces and outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Able to differentiate primary colors and read gauges on meters.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a driving record background check, criminal history background check and drug screening.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Flagship Healthcare Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.