J. Brannen Edge III
Mr. Edge has served as Co-Managing Partner, President and Chief Operating Officer for Flagship Healthcare Properties, LLC since 2013. Brannen works closely with leaders of the company’s various lines of business to advance Flagship’s operational and strategic goals. Additionally, Brannen serves as President and Director for Flagship Healthcare Trust, a private REIT. Mr. Edge was instrumental in the formation and launch of the REIT via the consolidation of Flagship’s legacy closed-end funds.
To facilitate non-U.S. investment into the REIT, Brannen led the creation of an Irish-based Qualifying Investor Alternative Investment Fund in 2018, and he serves as a board member for the U.S. Blocker entity, Flagship Terraforte, LLC.
In addition, Brannen helped lead the creation of a joint venture between Flagship and USAA Real Estate Company in 2015 and served as a member of the venture’s Executive Committee.
Prior to joining Flagship Healthcare Properties and predecessor firm Flagship Capital Partners in 2006, Brannen was a Vice President in the commercial banking group at BB&T. After BB&T, he earned his M.B.A. from UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School, where he graduated as a member of Beta Gamma Sigma with dual concentrations in Finance and Real Estate.
A native of Richmond, Virginia, Brannen has lived in Charlotte, NC since 2001. In addition to spending time with his wife, son and daughter, Brannen enjoys travel, reading, sports, exercise and golf.
Affiliatons, Accreditations, and Interests
- Charlotte Region Commercial Board of Realtors, Member
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, Southpark Advisory Board, 2016 Chair
- Leadership Charlotte, Class XXIV, Graduate
- Mecklenburg County Boy Scouts, Friends of Scouting, Past Volunteer
- Licensed Real Estate Broker (NC) and Salesperson (SC)
- Corners Society, 501(c)3 Charitable Volunteer Organization, Member
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church, Member
- Impact Sports, Youth Basketball Coach
- Good Fellows Club, Member
James Madison University, B.S.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, M.B.A.
I ran with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain.