C. Thorn Baccich, Jr.
Mr. Baccich serves as Executive Vice President of development and co-head of Flagship's development team. Thorn has more than 15 years of commercial real estate development experience, is a strategic thinker and diligently communicates a unique understanding of the healthcare delivery business to our clients, investors and internal stakeholders. His responsibilities include managing all aspects of new development projects for the firm.
Prior to joining Flagship, Thorn spent four years as a member of the Real Estate Development and Acquisitions team at Carolinas HealthCare System during a period of rapid growth. With Carolinas HealthCare, Mr. Baccich managed the acquisition and development of multiple new medical office, acute care and parking projects totaling more than $200,000,000 in costs and 400,000 SF. Since joining Flagship in 2014, Thorn has led development efforts for Flagship’s projects throughout the southeast totaling more than 300,000 SF and $100,000,000 in costs.
Affiliatons, Accreditations, and Interests
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in North Carolina
- Charlotte Business Journal’s “40 under 40” 2021 award recipient
- GlobeSt.com Real Estate Forum’s “50 under 40 influencers” 2020 award recipient
- Association of Medical Facility Professionals – Founding Board Member, Charlotte NC Chapter
- Urban Land Institute - Member
- North Carolina Healthcare Engineers Association – Member
- President of the Princeton Alumni Association of Charlotte and Alumni Schools Committee Volunteer
- Former coach with Let Me Run Charlotte
Bachelor of Arts in Architecture and Urban Planning, Princeton University class of 2005.
Thorn swam on the varsity swim team while at Princeton and stays active these days competing in masters swimming and Ironman triathlons. He competes in an annual swim across Tampa Bay each January to raise money and awareness for the Navy SEAL Foundation.