Asset & Fund Management
Flagship Healthcare Properties provides asset management services over a six state area in the Southeast for a portfolio of more than 1 million square feet of primarily healthcare real estate. As asset managers, our focus is on the property as a financial asset and the recommendations we present to our clients are those that impact a property’s financial performance, with an eye toward both short-term cash flow and long-term appreciation. Each investment opportunity is unique and requires an ownership mentality that remains mindful of market changes and opportunities, economic factors that affect tenancy and the necessary knowledge concerning financing and capital market opportunities. Our role is to act on behalf of the owner as their representative with a focus on increasing the value of each asset through a customized strategic asset plan.
After years of investing via special purpose entities (i.e.“one-off” investments), in the fall of 2012 the company launched the closed-end Flagship Healthcare Real Estate Fund, a Reg D private placement offering for accredited investors.
In the spring of 2015, Flagship Healthcare Properties announced a joint venture partnership with USAA Real Estate Company and the formation of US Flagship MOB, LLC. This open-end venture seeks development, value-add and core healthcare projects in the Carolinas, Virginia, Georgia, and Tennessee.
Our clients include real estate funds, family offices and foundations, joint ventures and private investors, each of whom turns to us to act on their behalf through a property’s life cycle, from acquisition through the operational hold period and ultimately to disposition. Clients receive detailed quarterly reporting and recommendations on to maximize the value of their property.
Some of our Asset & Fund Management Services include:
- Property level enhancements and capital improvement recommendations
- Market level positioning and competitive analysis
- Budgeting oversight, distributions and financial reserve recommendations
- Selection and management of third party managers and vendor
- Brokerage representation involving lease and sale transactions
- Coordination and oversight involving contracted tenant build outs and capital improvements
- Regular property visits to build and maintain optimal tenant relations and coordination with property managers
- Consultation with established lender network and analysis of various financing structures to ensure the ideal financing structure is achieved